- 515 ml Water
- 55 g STAR BRAND Green Bean Starch
- 90 g Sugar
- ½ tsp Alkaline water
- 5 pieces Pandanus leaves
- 165 ml Water
- 165 ml Coconut milk
- 35 g STAR BRAND Green Bean Starch
- 1 tsp Salt
- Blend 200 ml of water with the pandanus leaves over high speed until well blended.
- Sieve the mixture out and extract as much juice out of the pulp as possible followed by adding the alkaline water and green bean starch and stir well.
- In a saucepan, bring the remaining 315 ml water and sugar to boil and followed by adding in the sieved pandanus juice mixture in step 2 into the boiling water. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Turn the heat off and set it aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut milk with the green bean starch. Whisk till smooth and sieve.
- Bring the remaining water and salt to boil in a saucepan. Add in the coconut milk mixture in step 1 into the boiling water.
- Cook over a low heat until it thickens. Turn the heat off.
Steps to construct the marble texture in the kuih
- Divide each mixture into three parts.
- Pour one part of mixture A into the mould as a base.
- Pour the mixture B into the mixture A and swirl it.
- After swirling, pour the mixture into the mould.
- Lightly hit the mould on the table to smooth the surface of the mixture and remove any air bubbles.
- Let it cool before cutting the kuih in small sizes for serving.