- 1 cup CAP BINTANG Popcorn
- 45 g CAP BINTANG Jaggery Powder
- 3 tbsp corn oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp water
- truffle oil
- Heat a deep saucepan at a medium heat and pour in a corn oil and popcorn.
- Gently heat the popcorn until the first one starts to pop.
- Close the lid and let the popcorn pops. Occasionally agitate the sauce pan so that a more even heat distribution can be achieved.
- Once it stops popping, remove the popcorn into a bowl.
- Using the same pan, heat the jaggery powder with a splash of water and slowly evaporate the excess water.
- Using a weighing scale as a gauge of the water content left in the jaggery, The weight of the jaggery should come back to 45g.
- Once the jaggery syrup achieve 45g, add in baking soda to aerate the syrup and half of the popcorn. Stir vigorously until the caramel is evenly distributed onto the popcorn.
- Season the other half of the popcorn with truffle oil and salt.
- Mix together and serve