- 380 ml water
- 15 g CAP BINTANG Green Bean Starch
- 45 g CAP KAPAL ABC Tapioca Starch
- 40 g ERAWAN BRAND Blended Rice Flour
- 100 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp alkaline water (air abu)
- 5 pieces pandanus leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 40 g freshly grated coconut
- Prepare the steamer by boiling water at the lower part of the steamer.
- Blend 130 ml of water with the pandanus leaves over high speed until well blended.
- Sieve the mixture out and extract as much juice out of the pulp as possible. Mix in the alkaline water, sugar and salt.
- Add in all types of flour and starches and stir well.
- Followed by adding in 250 ml of boiled water and keep stirring until the mixture is lightly thickened
- Prepare a steamer. Steam the empty tea cups for five minutes. Pour the mixture into the moulds and steam for another 10 minutes.
- Set aside in room temperature for at least one hour until it is cool before taking them out from the tea cups.
- Sprinkle the top of each kuih with freshly grated coconut before serving.