Mixture A – Batter
- 30 g CAP BINTANG Potato Starch
- 90 ml water
- 12 g all-purpose flour
- 4 g salt
Mixture B – Flour for dusting
- 50 g CAP BINTANG Potato Starch
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 120 g fresh white shrimps
- 1 litre vegetable oil
- Preheat the vegetable oil to 150°C.
- Rinse the shrimps with filtered water. Drain the excess water through a colander and let it drip dry.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients in Mixture A into a batter.
- In another bowl, mix the dusting flour together and start dusting the shrimps. It is important to tap out the excess flour in order to achieve a thin and crisp coating.
- Dip the shrimps into the batter and then quickly drop them into the preheated hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, remove them from oil and leave them on a kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil.
- As a serving suggestion, serve this with some Japanese mayonnaise and lemon wedges.