- 400 g Pumpkin
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 200 g KAPAL ABC BRAND Tapioca Starch
- 4 tbsp STAR BRAND Green Bean Starch
- 150 ml Coconut milk
- 200 ml Water
- 150 g Grated coconut
- Remove pumpkin skin and cut pumpkin into cubes. Steam for 30 minutes or earlier until the pumpkin is soft and mash it.
- Add caster sugar to mashed pumpkin, stir till sugar dissolves.
- Add tapioca starch, green bean starch, coconut milk and water to the mashed pumpkin, stir into a smooth batter.
- Steam the tea cup for 5 minutes and then fill it with batter. Steam for 20 minutes.
- Let the kuih cool, then remove it from the cup.
- Serve with grated coconut.
Cap Kapal ABC Tapioca Starch
Made solely from tapioca root and has a soft and fine texture. It is often used as a thickening agent for gravies, sauces, soups and in combination with other flours in many recipes for kuih, cakes, cookies and desserts.