- 6 Eggs (grade A)
- 80 g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2½ tbsp Laleli Virgin Olive Oil For Cooking
- 75 g Self-raising flour
- Separate egg white and egg yolk.
- Stir honey into egg yolk, mix well. Add virgin olive oil for cooking and stir evenly.
- Beat egg white till frothy, add caster sugar and lemon juice, continue to beat until stiff peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, stir well. Gently fold in the balance of the egg white mixture until blended.
- Sift in self-raising flour and stir evenly.
- Pour the batter into tube pan (8 inch) and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes at 175°C.
- Remove the pan from the oven & invert immediately.
- Let the cake cool completely before remove it from the pan (about 1-1.5 hours).
- Cut and serve.