- 250 g Butter
- 150 g Caster sugar
- 200 g Wheat flour
- 250 g STAR BRAND Custard Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Some “Hundreds and Thousands” (for decoration)
- Combine butter and caster sugar beat until creamy. Add egg, vanilla essence and beat well.
- Sift in wheat flour, custard powder and baking powder. Stir until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Remove the mixture from the mixing bowl and place it into semperit mould. Press dough strips onto baking tray overlaid with baking sheet. Cut them into 4cm each. Sprinkle the “Hundreds and Thousands” on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes at 170°C. Remove cookies from oven, cool it and store them in an airtight container to maintain the crunchiness.