- 30 g CAP BINTANG Corn Flour
- 105 g CAP 3 KAMBING Glutinous Rice Flour
- 185 g Milk
- 65 g Sugar
- 20 g Butter
- *Corn flour for dusting
- 1 box Ice cream
- 1 handful of Strawberries
Instructions : Daifuku Skin
- Mix all the ingredients apart from butter together and transfer to a microwave safe vessel.
- Microwave the mixture for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Once done, place it back in the microwave oven and microwave for another minute.
- Remove and stir. Once stirred, place it back in the microwave and microwave for the final 10 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave oven and stir in the butter with a spatula.
- Once the temperature is tolerable, knead the dough until a smooth mixture is achieved.
- Dust the clean working bench with a little bit of corn flour. Remove the dough and place it on top of the dusted bench. Dust the top of the skin and flatten it slightly with your palm.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the desired thickness of daifuku skin. Cut it out with a 5 inch ring cutter.
- Remove the ice cream balls from the freezer and wrap the ice cream with the daifuku skin immediately and transfer back to the freezer.
Instructions : The Fillings
- Lay a piece of cling film on the worktop.
- Select a box of preferred ice cream and scoop out a 30 g of ice cream and place it on top of the cling film.
- Remove the tip of the strawberry and place it right in the centre of the ice cream and top it up with another 30g of ice cream.
- Hold the 4 edges of the clingfilm up and start twisting and tightening the cling film until a ball shape is formed.
- Reserved in the freezer to harden and ready to serve.