- 360 g Glutinous rice
- 170 ml Water
- 100 ml Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 50 Blue pea flowers
- 150 ml Water
- 150 g Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Wheat flour
- 5 tbsp STAR BRAND Custard Powder
- 200 ml Evaporated milk
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- Boil blue pea flowers with 500ml water for 10 minutes. Strain the water & set aside.
- Soak glutinous rice for 4 hours with blue pea flowers water, then drain.
- Add salt into water. Stir until salt is fully dissolved, then pour into glutinous rice.
- Stir in coconut milk to the glutinous rice mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch square tray. Spread evenly and steam for 30 minutes (before adding top layer).
- Mix all ingredients, stir well and strain.
- Cook the mixture over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over steamed glutinous rice mixture and continue to steam for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
Cap Bintang Custard Powder
It is a cornflour-based powder which thickens to form a custard-like sauce when mixed with milk and heated sufficiently.