- 185 g CAP BINTANG Sago Starch
- 1 kg Whole Indian mackerels or fresh sardines
- 50 g Crushed ice / ice cubes
- 3 g Anchovy granules (pati ikan bilis)
- 3 g Baking powder
- 3 g Salt
- 750 ml Oil for deep frying
- 3.5 litre Water to boil lekor
- Clean, remove scales, skin and gut and debone 1 kg Indian mackerels or fresh sardines.
- Weigh 250 g of the fish flesh and process it with 50 g ice, 3 g salt, 3 g anchovy granules and 3 g baking powder in a food processor.
- Add in 185 g sago starch a little at a time until all starch is used up and continue processing until a ball is formed.
- Shape the dough into a 2 cm diameter x 7 cm length logs by rolling them on a flat surface and sprinkling sago starch all over the surface so that they don’t stick to each other.
- Drop the dough sticks into 3.5 liters of simmering water.
- Poach till they float and drain them out.
- Let cool and deep fry at 150°C until crispy and golden brown.
- Drain and serve hot with chili sauce.