- 200 ml coconut milk
- 300 ml ice
- 100 g sugar
- 5 g salt
Thub thim krop (Red Ruby)
- 8 pieces water chestnuts (peeled and diced)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup CAP KAPAL ABC Tapioca Starch
- 1 tbsp beetroot powder
- For boiling water
To compile (garnish)
- 100 g jackfruits (sliced)
- CAP BINTANG Jaggery Powder
Instructions: Coconut granita
- Blend together all the ingredients and pour it onto a shallow tray.
- Keep it in the freezer and scrape the mixture every 30 minutes. By scraping, it creates small ice crystals.
- Once completely crystallized, spoon it onto the prepared water chestnuts.
Instructions: Thub thim krop (Red ruby)
- Mix together cubed chestnut, sugar and beetroot powder and let them infuse for 30 minutes.
- In a deep tray, spread the tapioca starch out. Drain the chestnuts and coat them lightly with the tapioca starch.
- Bring a pan of water to boil and lower the heat until simmering point.
- Drop the coated chestnuts and simmer until they floats.
- Get ready an ice bath. Remove the chestnuts and plunge them in the cold water. Reserve until ready to serve.
- coop a large scoop of coconut granita onto a bowl, garnish it with the drained chestnuts, sliced jackfruits and jaggery powder.