- 450 g Dry white kidney beans (or any type of beans / lentils)
- 3 Yellow onions (sliced)
- ¼ cup Laleli Virgin Olive Oil For Cooking
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 large branch Fresh rosemary (6-7 inches in length)
- 2 litres Chicken stock
- 1 piece Bay leaf
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- Soak beans in water above. Keep it in refrigerated for 6 hours or overnight and then drain.
- In a large stockpot over low to medium heat, sauté onions with virgin olive oil for cooking until onions are translucent (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook over low heat for 3 more minutes. Add beans, rosemary, chicken stock and bay leaf. Cover pot and bring to boil. Simmer for 30 – 40 minutes until beans turn very soft.
- Remove rosemary and bay leaf. Pass the soup through the coarsest blade of a food mill, or place in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until coarsely pureed.
- Return soup to pot to reheat. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve hot.