- 200 g STAR BRAND Rice Vermicelli (Bihun)
- 1 tbsp Laleli Virgin Olive Oil For Cooking
- 40 g Dried shrimps (soaked until soft and then finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Toasted grated coconut (kerisik)
- 1 Lemon (extract juice only)
- Garnish Cilantro/Chinese parsley (chopped)
- 2 Red chilies, seeded
- 5 pieces Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk Torch ginger bud (bunga kantan)
- 10 Shallots
- 200 g Salt
- 1 tbsp STAR BRAND Jaggery Powder
- 40 g Pepper
- 3 tbsp Sambal belacan
- 1 Light soy sauce
- Garnish Light soy sauce
- Add 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil for cooking to 750ml of boiling water.
- Add rice vermicelli and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Place cooked rice vermicelli into a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well to coat the rice vermicelli thoroughly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro/chinese parsley leaves before serving.
- Tips: Ready-made ‘Sambal Belacan’ is available in most Asian food store
Cap Bintang Bihun
Made from chemical-free and naturally-fragrant pure Thai white rice. Soak in water for 15 minutes (or hot water for 2 minutes) before cooking.