- 28 g CAP BINTANG Corn Starch
- 75 g all-purpose flour
- 70 g fresh shrimps
- 20 g carrot (matchsticks)
- 20 g onion (sliced)
- 10 g spring onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125 ml icy cold water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 litre vegetable oil
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Heat the oil to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Split the batter into 2 and slowly drop the batter into the hot oil.
- Pan fry until lightly coloured. Remove and rest for 5 minutes.
- Once rested, drop the kakiage back into the hot oil, flip it as frequently as possible to achieve an even colour. Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove and place the kakiage onto a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.