- 20 g CAP KAPAL ABC Tapioca Starch
- 7 g CAP BINTANG Green Bean Starch
- 85 g ERAWAN BRAND Blended Rice Flour
- 435 ml water (separate to 2 portions 200ml & 235ml)
- 70 g sugar
- 1 tsp alkaline water (air abu)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 pieces pandanus leaves
- 40 g CAP KAPAL ABC Tapioca Starch
- 5 g CAP BINTANG Green Bean Starch
- 40 g ERAWAN BRAND Blended Rice Flour
- 200 ml water
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare the steamer by boiling water at the lower part of the steamer.
- Blend 200 ml of water with the pandanus leaves and alkaline water over high speed until well blended.
- Sieve the mixture out and extract as much juice out of the pulp as possible followed by adding all types of the starches and flour in Part A and stir well.
- On a saucepan, bring the remaining 235 ml water, sugar and salt to a boil in low heat. Pour a portion of the boiling water into the pandanus mix to temper it and immediately pour the tempered batter back into the boiling water. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into the mould immediately.
- Steam for 15 minutes.
- While waiting for the pandanus base to steam, mix together 200 ml coconut milk and 50 ml water with the starches and flour in another bowl. Mix well and sieve.
- Bring the remaining 150 ml water to boil with the salt in the saucepan in low heat, followed by adding in the coconut mixture in step 1.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens and turns off the heat. Pour the thicken coconut batter onto the set pandanus kuih layer and steam for another 15 minutes. Wipe the cover of the steamer regularly to prevent condensed steam from falling onto the kuih.
- Set aside and cool down to room temperature (about two hours). Once cooled, cut into diamond shapes to serve.