Mixture A – Dango
- 105 g ERAWAN BRAND Glutinous Rice Flour
- 80 g water
- 20 g sugar
Mixture B – Sesame caramel and praline
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g black sesame
- 20 g corn oil
- 1 g salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Sesame caramel and praline
- In a saucepan, add ⅓ of the sugar and heat it gently until melted. Add the second ⅓ of sugar and melt. Once melted, add in the last ⅓ of sugar and start caramelizing until the desired colour.
- Once the colour reaches amber, add in the baking powder and stir vigorously followed by adding in the black sesame and salt.
- Remove from heat and pour the caramel onto a piece of silicone mat.
- Let it cool down and snap the caramel into smaller pieces.
- Process it in a processor. Once smooth, reserve some of the caramel dust for garnishing later.
- Continue to process the rest of the caramel and add corn oil.
- Blend until a fine paste is achieved.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients together.
- Separate the dough and roll into small balls. Ideally, each ball should weigh around 13g.
- Prepare a pot of water and bring to boil. Once boiled, boil the Dango balls at a low heat.
- Remove and immerse in a bowl of water.
- When it is still warm, remove from water and skew it with a bamboo skewer.
- Serve it together with its praline and caramel dust.