|– Dry White Kidney Beans (or any type of beans / lentils)||450g|
|– Yellow Onions (sliced)||3|
|– Laleli Virgin Olive Oil For Cooking||¼ cup|
|– Garlic (minced)||2 cloves|
|– Fresh Rosemary (6~7 inches in length)||1 large branch|
|– Chicken Stock||2 litres|
|– Bay Leaf||1 piece|
|– Kosher Salt||2 tsp|
|– Fresh Ground Black Pepper||½ tsp|
- Soak beans in water above. Keep it in refrigerated for 6 hours or overnight and then drain.
- In a large stockpot over low to medium heat, sauté onions with virgin olive oil for cooking until onions are translucent (approximately 10~15 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook over low heat for 3 more minutes. Add beans, rosemary, chicken stock and bay leaf. Cover pot and bring to boil. Simmer for 30 ~ 40 minutes until beans turn very soft.
- Remove rosemary and bay leaf. Pass the soup through the coarsest blade of a food mill, or place in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse untilcoarsely pureed.
- Return soup to pot to reheat. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve hot.