|– Star Brand Rice Vermicelli (Bihun)||200g|
|– Laleli Virgin Olive Oil For Cooking||1 tbsp|
|– Dried Shrimps (soaked until soft and then finely chopped)||40g|
|– Toasted Grated Coconut (kerisik)||3 tbsp|
|– Lemon (extract juice only)||1|
|– Cilantro/Chinese Parsley (chopped)||garnish|
|– Red Chilies, seeded||2|
|– Kaffir Lime Leave||5 pieces|
|– Torch Ginger Bud (bunga kantan)||1 stalk|
|– Star Brand Jaggery Powder||1 tbsp|
|– Sambal Belacan||3 tbsp|
|– Light Soy Sauce||1|
|– Light Soy Sauce||garnish|
- Add 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil for cooking to 750ml of boiling water.
- Add rice vermicelli and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Place cooked rice vermicelli into a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well to coat the rice vermicelli thoroughly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro/chinese parsley leaves before serving
* Tip: Ready-made ‘Sambal Belacan’ is available in most Asian food store
Cap Bintang Bihun
Made from chemical-free and naturally-fragrant pure Thai white rice. Soak in water for 15 minutes (or hot water for 2 minutes) before cooking.