|– Glutinous Rice||360g|
|– Coconut Milk||100ml|
|– Salt||1 tsp|
|– Blue Pea Flowers||50|
|– Caster Sugar||150g|
|– Wheat Flour||1 tbsp|
|– Star Brand Custard Powder||5 tbsp|
|– Evaporated Milk||200ml|
|– Egg (beaten)||2|
- Boil blue pea flowers with 500ml water for 10 minutes. Strain the water & set aside.
- Soak glutinous rice for 4 hour with blue pea flowers water, then drain.
- Add salt into water. Stir until salt is fully dissolved, then pour into glutinous rice.
- Stir in coconut milk to the glutinous rice mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch square tray. Spread evenly and steam for 30 minutes (before adding top layer).
- Mix all ingredients, stir well and strain.
- Cook the mixture over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over steamed glutinous rice mixture and continue to steam for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
Cap Bintang Custard Powder
It is a cornflour-based powder which thickens to form a custard-like sauce when mixed with milk and heated sufficiently.