Ingredients - Puff
|– Wheat Flour||150g|
|– Caster Sugar||1 tsp|
|– Salt||1/4 tsp|
|– Egg (beaten)||4|
Ingredients - Custard Cream
|– Full Cream Milk||300ml|
|– Star Brand Custard Powder||6 tbsp|
|– Caster Sugar||5 tbsp|
Cooking Method - Puff
- Mix water, butter, caster sugar, salt and bring it to boil. Stir in wheat flour and cook over low heat for 1 minute until dough is formed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add in the beaten egg to the cooled dough, stir the dough until well mixed and smooth. Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking tray overlaid with baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 200 C.
Cooking Method - Custard Cream
- Mix all ingredients and stir well. Then cook the mixture over medium heat until thicken and boil. Set aside to cool.
- Split the puffs and fill with custard cream.
Cap Bintang Custard Powder
It is a cornflour-based powder which thickens to form a custard-like sauce when mixed with milk and heated sufficiently.